EXAM AND TEST PROCEDURES
Last updated: May 22 2019, 20:27.I perform all examinations and tests only in the written form. The rules of my exam or my test are the following:
- Each student personally receives his/her individual test form, which is designated for filling out by the pen or pencil.
- The assessment criteria for the answers of the students are provided at the bottom of this page and normally should be also present at the last page of the test sheet.
- The students are not allowed to use for writing any other pieces or sheets of paper or made of the other material.
- During the test procedure the students are not allowed to use any means of communication or any means of sound or video playback or recording. During the test the students are not allowed to use any calculation machines or mechanisms or electronic devices. No devices for the transmission or processing the information are allowed, except the pen and/or the pencil.
- During the test procedure the students are not allowed to talk or communicate in any other way (for example, by means of the conventional signs) with the other students. The students are also not allowed to talk to themselves.
- During the test procedure the students are not allowed to turn around to the other students.
- The spectacles, that do not have any information transmission or information processing devices built into them, are allowed in the classroom during the test procedure.
- The spectacles, that do have any information transmission or information processing devices built into them, are not allowed in the classroom during the test.
- The regular tests are not designed for the visually challenged persons, or for the persons, that do not know Russian language.
- The time for the test procedure is limited. Normally you would have one minute per each test question. After the time assigned for the test procedure has elapsed, put your paper test sheet into the lecturer's hand stretched out to you, or leave your paper test sheet on the desk in a way that will allow the lecturer to take it easily (the lecturer will not take the writing student's paper test sheet, if it is pinched between the writing student's body parts).
- It is possibe to return your paper test sheet to the lecturer before the full time assigned for the test has elapsed (also including the cases when you have started to feel indisposition or discomfort).In order to return your paper test sheet in this case, you sould rise your hand and ask the lecturer to take back your paper test sheet, after this you have to leave the examination/test premises obeying the above mentioned Rules 4 and 5.
- The students, whose names are absent from the exam/test record sheet, or against whose names the marks regarding the restriction of the access to the exam/test are made by the dean's office, are not allowed to take the test/exam.
- The students, who do not have their student record book handy at the moment of the receipt of the paper test sheet, are not allowed to take the test. In exceptional cases and only if the lecturer expresses his consent, such students can obtain and fill in the paper test sheet. In these cases the student's record books must be presented to the lecturer before the moment when the exam/test record sheet conatining the family name of the corresponding student is submitted to the dean's office or to the security outpost.
- The tests, that are returned before the full time assigned for the exam/test procedure has elapsed, will be checked according to the FIFO principle, i.e. the first paper test sheet is to be checked will be the one earliest returned, and the last paper test test to be ckecked will be the one latest returned.
- It is not allowed to carry the paper test sheet outside the test/exam premises.
- It is not allowed to copy the questions or the answers from the paper test sheet using the videotaping, photographic or any other method of copying. It is not allowed to copy the questions and/or the answers from the paper test sheet by hand writing.
- The students who before the test procedure feel themselves ill or feel discomfort in the form of nausea, dizziness, pains, raised body temperature, itch, burning pain or any other form, are not allowed to take the test/exam procedure. By participating in the examination/test procedure, the student confirms his/her good physical condition at the moment of the beginning of the test/exam procedure.
- The student participating in the test/exam procedure must confirm, that he or she does not possess any sick-leave certificate for the period including the date and the time of the test/exam.
Responsibility for breaking the rules of the test/exam
If the student fails to comply with the above mentioned rules, he or she must leave the examination/test premises by the request of the lecturer within two minutes. During the process of leaving the examination/test premises, such a student must not break the above mentioned rules 15 and 16. After this at the moment, when the exam/test record sheet will be filled by the lecturer, the "F" ("unsatisfactory") or "not passed" grade will be written opposite the family name of the student, that was requested to leave the exam/test premises.
The Grading Scale
|The Old Scale||The New Scale||The Designatory Symbol||The Share Of The Correct Answers|
In order to pass a test the student must have at least the same share of the correct answers, as for the "Mediocre" grade in the above table.
- The order prohibiting the announcement of the students' grades(0,01Mb).
- The model test examples (Economics and St.Petersburg Municipal Economy) (0,04Mb|September 25th,2010).
The Interim Quizes
The interim quizes are conducted during the lectures and seminars in order to check the progress of the students. They consist of the three short questions, normally there are two variants of the set of the questions. If all the three answers are correct, the final grade for the quiz will be 5 points. If there are two correct answers, the final grade for the quiz will be 4 points. If there is only one correct answer, the final grade for the quiz will be 3 points, if there are no correct answers, the final grade for the quiz will be 2 points.
In the case when the quiz paper sheet is not returned or is not accepted because of the violation of the quiz rules, the final grade for the quiz will be zero points. The acquaintance with the quiz rules is routinely performed during the lecture or the seminar before the quiz starts.
If I am the person that gives you the text or the exam, then the results of the interim quizes can provide the ground for the "automatic" test or exam grade. In order to pass the test "automatically" your interim quiz progress should be strictly over 50%. During the process of taking the decision regarding your "automatic" exam grade, I follow The Grading Scale provided above by comparing the student's progress with The Grading Scale's rightmost column.The progress is calculated as the quotient from the division of the total sum of points acquired by the maximum possible sum of points.
The Example Of The Progress Calculation For The Interim Quizes
|Quiz 1||Quiz 2||Quiz 3||Quiz 4||Quiz 5||The Progress|
|5 points||4 points||0 points||2 points||5 points||64%|